Sometimes life can feel harder or more complicated, and your usual ways of coping are no longer effective. I offer a safe environment and a warm non judgemental relationship which creates a space to help you reflect, understand your thoughts and feelings, increase your awareness of what has or is happening and explore your options. Working together we can increase the capacity for personal change and to feel more in control of your life.
Within our sessions we can also help you understand why you feel like you do, draw from early life experiences or events which may have created unhelpful cycles or patterns in your life. The strength of our working relationship determines the success of therapy and in my experience people are more likely to get to the root of their issues if they can feel trust and be accepted for who they are. I believe you are the expert on yourself and your life but sometimes we need someone to help us reflect and think more clearly for a period of time. I respect that all of us are individuals and all have diverse and different experiences, feelings and beliefs and I draw from the different theories I have learnt during my training to find the right approach for you.
My philosophy is that everyone has potential, meaning that change and personal growth is always possible. I have experience of working with many different presenting and underlying issues which can manifest in many ways. At our initial meeting we can discuss how we might work together, carry out an assessment of your needs and an indication of how we might proceed. I offer short and long term counselling and psychotherapy, which can also be discussed at our first session.
What counselling does
- Provides a therapeutic relationship which allows the space to enable change.
- Understand negative thought processes and cycles of depression.
- Having space to explore what is causing a problem.
- Increase your awareness of underlying issues.
What psychotherapy does
- Helps us become more aware of what we learn and experience in childhood and how this shapes the way we relate to ourselves and others.
- Provides a space to explore and understand past experiences.
- Uses theory and psychological models to offer insight into complex relationship dynamics.
Issues counselling and psychotherapy can help with:
- Relationship issues
- Bereavement and loss
- Domestic Violence
- Low self esteem
- Low self confidence
- Issues at work
- Suicidal thoughts
- Trust issues
- Childhood issues
- Location: Bingley. West Yorkshire
- Mobile number: 07811 527565
- Email: email@example.com
- Fees: £50 an hour for Counselling
- Some concessions available